leds and bootmapper client not working

Shop Forums QnA leds and bootmapper client not working

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  flashteker@gmail.com 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Kevin
    Participant

Hi,

I finished building the keyboard, and all the keys work. When I try to follow the instructions here, http://blog.winkeyless.kr/183 and download the latest firmware for everything, I still can’t get the leds to work. This is both for the rgb leds underneath and for the regular leds on top.

I have the B87 X2.

The problem with bootmapper client is that when I follow the instructions and press firm up, it has the “Waiting” prompt and it doesn’t ever go away. It just seems like Bootmapper client isn’t detecting my keyboard at all, even with all the correctly selected stuff.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Could you tell me your order number?

Thanks.
    Hojin.Yi

Kevin
    Participant

The entire transaction was done through email so I don’t have one. I do have the tracking number though if that will help you. The email I used for the transaction was yellow.krause@gmail.com

Hi Kevin.

I found your order(Order No. wp270).

Sorry for your inconvenience.

First of all you don’t have to upload the firmware again since it came out firmware flashed.

1. Didn’t it work before you uploaded firmware?

2. Did you upload the proper file(ps2avrGB_NKRO.hex)?
    The other files are for keymap.

Thanks.
    Hojin.Yi

Kevin
    Participant

No, the leds never worked, neither before I uploaded the firmware nor before I uploaded the proper file. When I plug it in, sometimes the SMD leds briefly flash, but they don’t stay on.

I looked around online and made sure that i was uploading that proper file like you said, but it seems like the main problem is that the program cannot detect the keyboard. Whenever I press any of the connect buttons while the keyboard is plugged in, nothing is detected.

But then the in switch leds don’t work either. I have no idea, but none of the leds on the keyboard are working.

Kevin
    Participant

I was able to setup the led settings on my friend’s computer, and from then it worked. I guess there’s just something wrong with the settings on my computer… It still always says “Waiting”, but I have a way of configuring it now so it’s fine.

Thanks!

I see.

If then, could remove a USB driver?
    (http://winkeyless.kr/how-to-fix-when-keyboard-doesnt-work-after-uploading-firmware/)

After that, re-plug your keyboard to your PC while pressing “U” key.

Thanks.
    Hojin.Yi

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘QnA’ is closed to new topics and replies.