Numpad question on the B.Pad…

Shop Forums QnA Numpad question on the B.Pad…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lee 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Lee
    Participant

Heya,

Quick, but kinda complex question…

I have a Quickfire TK : http://gaming.coolermaster.com/en/products/keyboards/quickfiretk/

I like the board, but the situation with the tenkey block and the arrow keys block is a pain in the butt. Basically, I can use the numlock to choose between the numpad, and the arrows and function keys. When I bought the board I thought this wouldn’t be a problem, as if it was annoying me I could get a separate numpad, and have the TK permanently be arrow keys.

I bought the numpad, but the issue is that if I press numlock on the numpad to make it able to type numbers, the OS also triggers the TK to be numpad on, which defeats the point.

I want to basically know, if I get a B.PAD pcb and make one up, will I be able to program it, or have it usable as a numpad WITHOUT having to have numlock enabled?

Many thanks for any help 🙂

Hi
    Window OS is controling Numlock-Status in common.
    So when you send the numlock signal to the OS from one keyboard regrardless of main keyboard or numpad, it affects both numlock-status of both keyboards.

But there is a solution ^^

As you know, our keyboards are all programmable.
    Keymap the numpad’s keys to numbers when NumLock off.
    Set the keyboard to NumLock off.

Thanks.
    Hojin.Yi

Lee
    Participant

Excellent, this is awesome. I’ll order the board up now then! Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘QnA’ is closed to new topics and replies.