Possible Diode problem?

Shop Forums QnA Possible Diode problem?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  flashteker@gmail.com 7 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Andrew
    Participant

Hello Hojin, I am using a b.mini PCB – My backspace key will not work. I replaced a switch to confirm it was not the switch, and found missing solder on the diode. I replaced the solder on the diode, and am still having the key not work. Do you think this is a defective diode?

Andrew
    Participant

Here is a picture. Let me also say that the key was working at one point (May have been a faulty switch since when I press there was no output to the computer about 10% of the time), and now that I have replace the switch I noticed no solder on the diode. I add solder to it now, and now the key does not work at all.

Ignore the wires and things please, just showing that there was no solder on diode.

I have been doing more things to make it work, here is a list of things I have tried to make this process faster for both of us:

Steps I’ve taken to fix this:

1. Swapped out the suspected faulty switch
    2. Soldered the diode
    3. Had a few people inspect the PCB and it seems to check out
    4. Flashed firmware and tested all the keys in swittchHitter and other testers.
    5. Attempted to jump it to the adjacent backspace switch, this didn’t work because I had bad wire I believe.

This leads me to believe it is a dead diode, or an act of god that is preventing this key from properly working.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by  Andrew.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Could you solder the one part of the diode?

I think it is my mistake.

Please let me know the result.
    (Also please tell my your order number.)

Thanks.
    Hojin.Yi

Andrew
    Participant

5465 is my order#

I have been troubleshooting with some people. I have soldered the end of the diode. I have tried 3 switches, all of the dont work on this key. I have tried to jump to the HHKB style holes for the Backspace, and have had no success, so we believe this is a defective diode.

Can you think of anything else I should test? I will get a new diode to try in a few days, I just want to make sure I try everything.

Yes please try to replace it with new diode.

I’ll refund for the cost you spend to fix this problem.

Thanks.
    Hojin.Yi

Andrew
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

I’ll touch you by email.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘QnA’ is closed to new topics and replies.