Trying to build this keyboard, never built one before

Shop Forums QnA Trying to build this keyboard, never built one before

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  flashteker@gmail.com 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

bosstoise
    Participant

Hey guys! First custom keyboard purchaser here. I’m looking to make a replica of this keyboard:

https://imgur.com/a/20fxd#CHiQZGw

and I believe that I want it made on the B.face X2 PCB. As far as keycaps go, I was trying to use something like these (if possible):

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1168

I’m not looking to manually build it myself, but rather purchase it completely assembled (besides the keycaps I’m purchasing separately). Can someone give me a run down on what I need to do to purchase a keyboard like this and if this can be possible. Thanks!

shangrila500
    Participant

You will need to buy a 60% PCB, the switches, the in-switch LEDs, and the case. Some PCBs come with all the SMD components and controller chip soldered on so all you have to do is solder the switches in place but the PCBs you can buy in here give you the option of buying it with the SMD and controller already soldered (with options like “Diodes and soldering’ or “Resistors and soldering”) so all you have to do is solder the switches or getting the PCB with the controller and SMD components separately so you can solder everything yourself.

It sounds like you want it already put together and in a case so all you have to do is add the keycaps you want on top and start using it. I don’t know if switch soldering is offered but the best thing would be for you to email the owner (winkeyless@gmail.com) explain what you want done, and see what he says. I would say you could just choose the correct options but if you are completely new to stuff like this you may not be able to select the correct options or even know what to select so it might be easier and less stressful for you to contact the owner!

Thanks Shangrila500!

Hi bosstoise

Attached files show all you need except “soldering switches”.

For soldering switches, you should ask it to me separately.($17)

Thanks.
    Hojin.Yi

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘QnA’ is closed to new topics and replies.