B87 EX X2 Issues

Shop Forums QnA B87 EX X2 Issues

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Spooden 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Spooden
    Participant

I’ve been using my B87 EX X2 for the past day since I just got the keycaps for it (GMK Sky Dolch). I woke up this morning and turned on my PC, the RGB LEDs were not working, only one was on in the top left of the keyboard and it was flashing green in a random pattern. A few minutes later, the keyboard itself stopped working and started typing random numbers and commas when keys were pressed, except the B N and M keys that dont work at all, now BootMapperClient just says BAD on every key in the keymap section when i download the keymap from the board.

Anyone have any ideas on what i could do to fix this?

Thanks 🙂

EDIT: My key layout is ISO UK if that matters at all.

EDIT2: Plugged it in again, no LEDs light up and i get not response from pressing the keys at all, keymaps wont upload but i can enter Boot Mode by pressing LeftCtrl when I plug in the board still.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by  Spooden. Reason: Added Key Layout
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by  Spooden.

Hi

Sorry for your inconvenience.

I think there would be some bad solderings.

1.Could you tell me your order number?

2. Could you show me your PCB?

3. Could you show what keymap you used?

Thanks.
    Hojin.Yi

Spooden
    Participant

Order number #3660

Below is my PCB

The keymap I used was provided by default when i plugged in the board, before i installed BootMapperClient. It is the UK ISO default.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by  Spooden.

Spooden
    Participant

Order number #3660

Below is my PCB

The keymap I used was provided by default when i plugged in the board, before i installed BootMapperClient. It is the UK ISO default.

Hi

1. Could you try to connect it while pressing the key “U”?

2. Could you upload new firmware file?
    – file download : https://github.com/showjean/ps2avrU/releases/download/V1.3.0/ps2avrGB_firmware_V1.3.0_170321.zip
    – firmware file : ps2avrGB_NKRO.hex
    – keymap file : keymap_gb_EN_B87(EX)_mini(EX).hex

3. This page explains how to solve you problem.

How to fix when keyboard doesn’t work after uploading firmware

4. If nothing is working, you had better to send it to me to fix it.
    My email address is “flashteker@gmail.com”. I’ll let you know how to send it back to me.

Thanks.
    Hojin.Yi

Spooden
    Participant

Cleared the EEPROM and uploaded the new firmware, works perfectly again. thankyou for your prompt and helpful support 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘QnA’ is closed to new topics and replies.