Firmware problems

Shop Forums QnA Firmware problems

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  flashteker@gmail.com 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

hippo008
    Participant

Hi,
    I just got a B.87 and I’ve been having a lot of problems with the firmware. The firmware flashing utility (version .060) recognises the ps2arvGB but won’t allow me to change any settings. After I load the HEX file under Options, if I try and hit connect I’ll get an error message “cannot connect to device” and the operation fails. Same thing with RGB lighting, it won’t let me connect.

All the keys work as verified with AquaKeytest and the board functions normally. I just cannot connect to it with the firmware flasher or turn on the RGB lights. When I plug in the keyboard a few random RGB lights will flash but then nothing happens.

What do I do?

Hi

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Did you upload a proper firmware?
    Firmware is “ps2avrGB_NKRO.hex”, not the ones starting with “keymap_xxxxx.hex”.
    (See http://blog.winkeyless.kr/183)

Please let me know the result.

Thanks.
    Hojin.Yi

hippo008
    Participant

I figured out what the problem was. It turns out Windows 10 was the problem. Windows was using a bad/corrupted version of PS2avrGB as its device driver. I uninstalled the driver from my device manager and rebooted the pc. Everything went great from there on out.

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by  hippo008.

LunarisDream
    Participant

If that’s true, it might be worth adding to the FAQ. More and more people will be using Windows 10 in the future so this problem will keep happening and prompt more questions.

Nice to hear you fixed it.

But I think Windows 10 is irrelevant.

I think you uploaded a wrong firmware and plugged your keyboard.
    At that time PC detected a different device and installed a wrong driver.

Anyway I will research the OS relevance.

Thanks.
    Hojin.Yi

hippo008
    Participant

I don’t think so. But then again I don’t really remember.

However I do agree I think this should be added to the FAQ or a blog post. if somebody made the same mistake as me they will have a hard time fixing it if they are unsure what’s wrong.

Thanks for all the help! You guys have the best customer service I’ve ever used.

Thanks for your kindness ^^

I’ve already posted it (http://winkeyless.kr/how-to-fix-when-keyboard-doesnt-work-after-uploading-firmware/)

But probabably because of my poor English writing, people don’t look at it ^-^;

Thanks.
    Hojin.Yi

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘QnA’ is closed to new topics and replies.