Issue with first keypress

Shop Forums QnA Issue with first keypress

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  flashteker@gmail.com 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Kari
    Participant

Anytime I don’t use the keyboard for a bit (seems to be 30+ seconds) the first keypress isn’t registering. Once it ignores that first keypress, it will start working correctly.

Hi

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Could you tell me your order number?

Kari
    Participant

Is this the one you need?

Invoice ID: W1531

Hi

I think there would be some bad soldering around switches.

Please check if there is loosely soldered switch.

If you can’t find it, could you send me some photos?

Thanks.
    Hojin.Yi

Kari
    Participant

What I have found is that I have my keyboard and mouse on a USB switch to toggle it between my Mac and my Windows 8 machine. This issue is only happening on the mac, not the PC.

Is it happening when you plug it directly to the computer?

Kari
    Participant

Finally got a chance to hook the keyboard directly up to my macbook pro (2 usb ports suck). It doesn’t drop the first keypress like it does on the hub, BUT, I cannot use it like this. I have 3 separate computers running off 1 keyboard and 1 mouse. I’ve actually switched back to my Novatouch as my Winkeyless cannot be used with the hub. Is there any fix for this? Possibly a different hub? I was using it via synergy, but it occasionally lags so bad, it my as well be dropping keystrokes. 🙁

Hi

Did you try a powered USB Hub?

We recommend you to use it.

Kari
    Participant

I use a powered hub, USB 3.0

Hi

Could you try USB 2.0 Hub?

I think I have to look into the combination of USB3.0 Hub and my PCBs.
    (I’m currently using 2.0 hub and MBP. I have no problem.)

Thanks.
    Hojin.Yi

Kari
    Participant

Tried a USB 2.0 hub, same thing. What it looks like from what I have been able to figure out is that the Mac is sleeping the USB port almost instantly when it is connected through a hub. When it is connected directly it doesn’t do it. The first keypress wakes the USB then it starts typing. I’ve found instructions on how to stop it happening on linux, but not n a mac.

Kari
    Participant

Quick update, looks like if I have the bootloader software on and connected, it doesn’t drop the first keypress.

wodan
    Participant

I am experiencing the same issue when using my winkeyless B.Face connected to a WYSE thin client. Everything works fine on normal PC/USB ports but on the thin client I quickly loose the first keypess. The USB sleep happens a lot faster than originally mentioned in this post. This doesn’t happen with other keyboards connected to the same Thin Client like the Planck, Pok3r or GH60.

Is there anything in the firmware related to USB sleep signals ?

Hi

I guess there would be some driver issue.

I have to check it with a thin client computer.

I’ll let you know as soon as I find a solution.

Thanks.
    Hojin.Yi

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘QnA’ is closed to new topics and replies.