Questions about acrylic case/diffuser

Shop Forums QnA Questions about acrylic case/diffuser

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  flashteker@gmail.com 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

redsevn
    Participant

Hi, putting together a B.87 and B.pad build and had a bunch of questions about the acrylic plates for the case, as well as the feet.

1) Is the acrylic diffuser the same as the acrylic case, except with layers 3 and 4 replaced by the frosted diffuser “tray”?

2) What does the T# mean when referring to the acrylic case layers? Thickness in mm?

3) Are layer 1 and layer 2 interchangeable? I am debating between upper frosted/bottom opaque or upper opaque/bottom frosted and can’t decide. I see there’s a thickness and that the top layer is slightly smaller on the perimeter but other than that are there issues swapping them?

4) Do the upper two layers function as plates? Do they allow for switch top removal/modding without desoldering?

5) What style feet are in stock now? The old 3 piece feet or the new 4 piece feet?

Thanks for answering!

Hi

Thanks for your interests in our products.

Here are my asnwers to your questions.

1) Is the acrylic diffuser the same as the acrylic case, except with layers 3 and 4 replaced by the frosted diffuser “tray”?
    –> You are correct. But diffuser is cut out by CNC while other layers by Laser.

2) What does the T# mean when referring to the acrylic case layers? Thickness in mm?
    –> Yes. T is meaning around 1mm in thickness.

3) Are layer 1 and layer 2 interchangeable? I am debating between upper frosted/bottom opaque or upper opaque/bottom frosted and can’t decide. I see there’s a thickness and that the top layer is slightly smaller on the perimeter but other than that are there issues swapping them?
    –> No you can’t put the first and second layer alternatevely.

4) Do the upper two layers function as plates? Do they allow for switch top removal/modding without desoldering?
    –> Yes right.

5) What style feet are in stock now? The old 3 piece feet or the new 4 piece feet?
    –> Sorry for confusing you. New 4 piece feet.

Thanks
    Hojin.Yi

Thumper
    Participant

I have a follow up question to #4. I have the b.87 and don’t get the switch top removed while they are soldered in. Is this really possible?

Sorry for my mistake.

I was so busy with handling requests from client that I didn’t answer it in detail.

4) Do the upper two layers function as plates?
    –> Yes
    Do they allow for switch top removal/modding without desoldering?
    –> Officially no. But with very carefulness, you could.
    But we don’t recommned it without desoldering. It could make your keyboard messy.

Thanks.
    Hojin.Yi

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘QnA’ is closed to new topics and replies.