RGB LEDs Not Working; Suspect PCB

Shop Forums QnA RGB LEDs Not Working; Suspect PCB

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  JTuu 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

JTuu
    Participant

Hi Hojin, I have a problem with my b.mini and I’m trying to figure out if the PCB is at fault. The first four LEDs are fine, but the fifth one didn’t turn on when I plugged the keyboard in to test it. I figured I had burnt out the LED while soldering it, so I replaced it with a new one and made sure the number of LEDs is correct in the software, but the problem persists. I don’t think the LED itself is the problem anymore; I suspect that maybe the PCB is damaged near this area.

How would I figure out where the problem is? Thank you!

JTuu
    Participant

Here is the first non-working LED. It has a little more solder than the other ones because I thought maybe some connections weren’t made and added some solder to be sure.

http://imgur.com/a/tqrZw

JTuu
    Participant

I solved it! The issue was with the signal out (bottom left in the image) pin of the previous LED, not with the broken one. I resoldered that pin and now it works perfectly!

For anyone with RGB problems, note that the problem can be either on the first non-working LED OR on the last working one.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘QnA’ is closed to new topics and replies.