Underglow limited brightness

Shop Forums QnA Underglow limited brightness

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  higgga 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

higgga
    Participant

I have a b.mini ex.

In the bootmapper, I can adjust the brightness of the underglow, but only a limited amount.  After a certain point, the brightness does not change as I move the slider up and it is clearly not as bright as it should be.

How can I fix this?

Hi

USB has electric flow limit.
    So if you turn on in-switch LEDs and RGB LED together, the brightness is limited to some extent.

Thanks.
    Hojin.Yi

higgga
    Participant

I do not have in switch led on my keyboard.

Hi

As I mentioned, RGB LED brightness is limited by power flow through USB.

Even though you can slide the brightness to the end,
    the slider will be going back to middle when you reconnect it.

Usually more than 8 RGB LEDs, the brightness is limited.
    In your case you use 24. So it could up to 1/3 out of most brightness.

Sorry for not meeting your wish.

Thanks.
    Hojin.Yi

jhed84
    Participant

So on a full size keyboard, in your experience, is it better to use all 24 RGBs and have it a bit dimmer or to use every other one and have less, but they are brighter?

higgga
    Participant

Even when I turned down the number of led’s they still aren’t any brighter for some reason.  Even if they were, I would probably keep more of them on but have them dimmer.  If I was to turn it down to the minimum 8 led’s it would only light up the ones on the top row instead of staggering 4 on the top and 4 on the bottom, which there is no option to do.

I am at college right now and my board is at home (and not quite working properly) so keep in mind that I am answering this as a “would you rather” than something from actual experience and something that I can test out right now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘QnA’ is closed to new topics and replies.