B.face R X2 will not type

Shop Forums QnA B.face R X2 will not type

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  flashteker@gmail.com 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Austin
    Participant

Hello,

I recently assembled a B.face and after soldering the switches in, installing the bootmapper client, and loading the firmware, the keyboard will not type any characters.

• The keyboard is recognized by the bootmapper client as when “connect” is toggled in “options”, I can change the LEDs.
    • Any keypress does not create output, nor does it show in the matrix on the bootmapper client.
    • After uploading a keymap to the keyboard through the bootmapper client, I unplugged the keyboard and restarted the bootmapper client. I could then download the keymap off the keyboard and it showed as expected.
    • I have tried different USB ports, as well as disconnecting and reconnecting the keyboard while holding U and ctrl on different attempts.

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!

Hi

Could you check if you soldered diodes?

Thanks.
    Hojin.Yi

Austin
    Participant

Hi,

I think I ended up choosing “none” on my order for that (order #5013). Looking back over the guide, I realize this was my mistake. Do you have any recommendation of where to get diodes? I apologize for my stupid mistake haha.

Thank you,

Austin

Oh…

It’s 1N4148 or LL4148.

You can find them easily from your local source.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Austin
    Participant

Hi,

Just wanted to give a quick update. I ended up having to wait after ordering the diodes online (local stores didn’t have enough in stock). After soldering the diodes, the keyboard works flawlessly. Thank you for the help!

Austin

Happy to hear that ^^

Thanks.
    Hojin.Yi

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘QnA’ is closed to new topics and replies.