B.pad PCB questions

Shop Forums QnA B.pad PCB questions

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  flashteker@gmail.com 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Lindee
    Participant

I was looking at getting the b.pad PCB for a number pad I want to make, but I want to be sure I get everything right with the order.

First, can you confirm that the controller, usb port, etx are not soldered onto the PCB unless I select the option? How difficult is it to solder these parts on myself?

Secondly, are stabilizers required? Will the keys depress fine without them? Is it only really needed if I am plate mounting my switches?

Thirdly, there is a selection for diodes and resistors; are those only needed if I am adding lighting to my project?

Thank you!

Hi

Thanks for your interests in our products.

Here are my answers to your questions.

1. You are right. If you don’t choose the soldering options for each service, a PCB comes out unsoldered.
    How difficult…. It depends on your ability. But I recommend you to solder them by yourself, because it would be quite pleasant experience. In the while, Soldering Controller parts for a PCB is quite difficult. so I hope you to choose option “Soldering Controller parts”.

2. Stabilizers are necessary even though you use B.pad(Tenkey pad) which requires 4 short stabilizers. It doesn’t matter which type switches you use, pcb-mounted or plate-mounted ones.(We offer only PCB mounted ones)

3. Diodes are required for the switches, so it’s must-have.
    Resistors are for in-switch LEDs. Unless you don’t want in-switch LED, you don’t need resistors.

Thanks.
    Hojin.Yi

Lindee
    Participant

What is the difference between the two diode choices?

Is there one that’s a better choice than the other?

In the point of functionality, there is no difference between diodes 1N4148W and LL4148.
    But in the point of looking, they are a little different.

Both of them are SMD type diodes, not dip ones.
    – dip type diodes have 2 long legs going through PCB holes. But SMD type ones don’t.

Anyway, someone says that 1N4148W is easier to solder than LL4148, though it’s not my opinion.

So I can’t tell which one is better.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘QnA’ is closed to new topics and replies.