Bricked Keyboard After FW Update

Shop Forums QnA Bricked Keyboard After FW Update

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TheSys 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

TheSys
    Participant

Hello,

I updated the FW on my keyboard and when I re-plugged it in the backlight LEDs are blinking very fast, maybe 10 times per second.  It does this forever.  I then tried Bootloader mode by holding CTRL when I plug in over USB.  The backlight blinks, but much slower than it did before.  It is on for 2 seconds, then off for .5 seconds, then repeat.  Windows says “USB Device Not Recognized” and Bootmapper says “The Specified Device Not Found.”  This FW upgrade worked for me more than 10 times before until I hit this problem.

I think maybe the MCU Bootloader got corrupted and I need to reprogram it with an ISP.  Do you agree?  Do you have the Bootloader for me to try?

Thank you.

Hi

Sorry for your inconvenience.

I don’t think it has something to do with firmware or setting.

But with bad connection of parts.

Could you show me your PCB and tell me your order number?

Thanks.
    Hojin.Yi

TheSys
    Participant

Hrm… sorry for the late reply.  I am debugging a friend’s keyboard so I will ask him for a picture and his order number.

When I was probing around his PCB I noticed the crystal oscillator is not working correctly.  When I probe the signal the keyboard works correctly – maybe the increased capacitance from my probe is making it work.  I re-soldered the pads then the problem was fixed temporarily and the keyboard worked correctly, but now it is broken again after a few reboots.  I’m going to replace the crystal, do you have a recommendation for which part I should replace it with?

Thanks!

Um…

If you checked the crystal was broken,
    please let me know the result after replacing it with a new one.

At the moment I can’t tell which part you should replace.

And, please don’t reupload any SW such as firmware and keymap file.
    There is no problem. Doing that makes you confused.

Thanks.
    Hojin.Yi

TheSys
    Participant
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘QnA’ is closed to new topics and replies.