Cannot get the RGB or Bootmapper Software to work

Shop Forums QnA Cannot get the RGB or Bootmapper Software to work

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  matthew.bunyard 6 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

matthew.bunyard
    Participant

I have just received my B.87 full kit, including the PCB from you, i also bought the holtites from you so this board has had no soldering done by me.

I have completed the kit and added the switches, I have tested the keyboard and all of the keys are registering, however whenever I hold the shift key down and then press a letter, it will randomly register a double key stroke, mainly on the E and 1 key but it has happened on others. This is extremely annoying, please let me know how I can rectify this?

Furthermore I have tried to follow the firmware guide but every time I do so, the application disappears after I load the firmware file, and the keyboard stops working, rendering it useless. Alongside this for some reason the bootmapper.exe disappears and I cannot find it on my PC or re extract it from the original ZIP I downloaded as it say it is permission blocked.

To get the keyboard functioning again I have to restart my PC and re download it, but it never accepts the firmware update each time it does the same thing as above.

This in turn means I cannot use the RGB functionality or program and function keys.

Please let me know how I can get this to work properly?

matthew.bunyard
    Participant

Hi,

Quick update on this, I have managed to get the firmware updated and the rgb working, I tried the process on an old windows 7 laptop and it worked fine, it still wont work on my main PC mind.

However I am still having the double keystroke issue on the e, m and 1 keys. I have changed the switches and replaced the holtites on each of these keys but the issue still remains, which leads me to believe there is an issue with the PCB itself, unless I am missing somthing?

Thanks
    Matthew

Hi Matthew

Sorry for your inconvenience.

1. For the pc compatibility, please remove ps2avrGB driver from your PC and replug your keyboard again. (http://winkeyless.kr/how-to-fix-when-keyboard-doesnt-work-after-uploading-firmware/)

2. I think the reason that some keys are malfunctioning is bad soldering such as electric shorts.
    Please clean your PCB around your soldered parts.

Could you let me know your order number to look into it more precisely?

Thanks.
    Hojin.Yi

matthew.bunyard
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

matthew.bunyard
    Participant

matthew.bunyard
    Participant

matthew.bunyard
    Participant

matthew.bunyard
    Participant

matthew.bunyard
    Participant
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘QnA’ is closed to new topics and replies.