Communication error with device

Shop Forums QnA Communication error with device

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fezzgig 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Liam
    Participant

I’ve had my board for a few months now. When I first got it, i uploaded the firmware and everything was all fine. Today I tried to change the LED’s as I wanted new colours but get an error: ‘error setting action: communcation error with device’

I’ve tried using a different USB cable, uninstalling the keyboard from device manager, holding U when connecting, holding ctrl when connecting and re-uploading the firmware but nothing seems to be doing anything.

Can anyone help? I can still type on it, would just like to change the LED colours. Thanks!

Liam
    Participant

switched to a different usb port which i never use and works now

^_^

Thanks.
    Hojin.Yi

fezzgig
    Participant

I have the same issue.  The keyboard behaves just fine, but unable to connect.

Windows 10.  Removed the device from windows (including the full way using the utility), using new cables and not going through a hub.  I am still unable to make changes or connect to my keyboard using the bootmapper client.

Hi

Sorry for your inconvenience.

I want to know a few things

– Your order number
    – Dose your keyboard work?
    – Could you explain when that problem happened?

Thanks.
    Hojin.Yi

fezzgig
    Participant

I don’t have the order number (it was a gift), but I can email you enough details that you could probably figure it out.  The keyboard functions as a normal keyboard, but I am unable to change the RGBs, connect to it, or change the key mappings.  I can hold left ctrl and plug it in, then firm up, but then it goes back to the previous behavior.

fezzgig
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi

I guess some drivers were installed not properly.

Please check all the drivers for ps2avrGB to be installed like the pic I attached.

After removing ps2avrGB driver, connect your keyboard to a computer again.

Thanks.
    Hojin.Yi

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

fezzgig
    Participant

To help anyone else, I had previously deleted the drivers instead of uninstalling the drivers, using USBDeview.  Uninstalling is what it took for proper reconnection.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘QnA’ is closed to new topics and replies.