Some RGB LEDs stopped working b.mini

Shop Forums QnA Some RGB LEDs stopped working b.mini

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  msalas972 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

msalas972
    Participant

I’ve had my b.mini for a month or so now, and suddenly, 5 of the RGB underglow LEDs stopped working. I attached a picture. I’ve tried re flashing the board and they still will not turn on. The default number of LEDs is still set to 16. Any ideas what happened?

• This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by  msalas972.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

msalas972
    Participant

I have more info, for some reason, when I press “Default Num of LEDs” in the client, the number goes to 12. Even when I change it to 16, the LEDs do not turn on.

Hi

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Could you tell me your order number?

msalas972
    Participant

Order #3925

First of all, the menu “default num of LED” doesn’t have anything with your problem.

How many LEDs did you set for the menu “Num of RGB LEDs”?
    If you set it right(16), I think it is mainly due to bad soldering(Yes I know the PCB was out with presoldered.)

Could you check the soldering of the last working RGB LED and the first non-working RGB LED?
    (In your case, 11th and 12th RGB LEDs)

If you are not able to check the state of soldering, then send me an email(flashteker@gmail.com)

Thanks.
    Hojin.Yi

Thanks
    Hojin.Yi

msalas972
    Participant

I checked, but they seem to be soldered on well. And yes, it is set to 16.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by  msalas972.

msalas972
    Participant

Turns out, the 11th one didnt have enough solder on a pin. i just added more solder and they all now work. I didn’t even think to check the soldering, thanks for the help hojin!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘QnA’ is closed to new topics and replies.